Tuesday 10 April 2012

Morning madness

Anyone who knows me will know that I love my sleep. I would much rather spend an extra fifteen minutes in bed than get up when my alarm tells me to. As you can imagine, this means I have to get ready at a supersonic speed. So that I don't waste time in the mornings, I usually choose my outfit the night before. If I didn't, I would be umming and aahing the entire time!

Onto my everyday make-up routine. I don't really wear a lot of make-up during the day, so if I'm lucky, it takes me a maximum of 10 minutes. There have been so many times where I just cannot be bothered, but my bare face may be enough to frighten some unfortunate commuters, so I like to think I'm doing my best for mankind.

After cleansing, I moisturise. I've recently started using the much-raved about Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentre. I can't say I've noticed a huge difference in my skin yet, but it has only been a few days. After this I apply a thin layer of Illamasqua Skin Base on the areas that really need it. The only cake I like is edible. I use Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, and although it covers well, I find it quite creasey.

The one thing I probably can't go without is eyeliner, as this really opens up my eyes. I've been using Clinique cream liner for ages, but have now switched to L'Oreal Super Liner as I find this much quicker. I've never really been a fan of pen liners, but I would definitely recommend this one. The tip is firm but not hard, and the colour is very black. Sometimes with the Clinique I find it can go sheer and I need to apply more coats.



As I'm lazy, on most days I give mascara a miss. If I have a few seconds to spare, I use Rimmel Scandal Eyes mascara. But curl first, otherwise it goes clumpy!

Depending on my mood, (and the weather), I either pop on a pink blush or a bronzer. And there we have it. I did put a clock in my bathroom so I can keep an eye on the time, but about a week later the batteries died and I haven't replaced them since. Epic fail.

Fifteen minutes later I'm running out the door with a snack to eat on the way, thinking why didn't I wake up on time?! Maybe I'll wake up earlier tomorrow, but then maybe I won't...

*insert cheesy photo here*


How long do you spend on your morning routine? Do you find it difficult getting up?


No comments:

Post a Comment