Monday 9 April 2012

Let the sun shine

If there is only one thing you need to know about me, it is this. I love nail polish. Almost to the point of it becoming an obsession. When it comes to nails, there is nothing i despise more than chipped polish. No polish is definitely better than badly groomed talons.

So on this miserable grey day, I decided to shine some light by adorning my nails with OPI's Banana Bandanna. Rather than a bright yellow, this is more of a muted tone, and definitely easier on the eyes. I tend to shy away from yellow polishes as I don't think they suit my skin tone, but this one may be an exception to the rule. In the bottle it has a subtle pearlescent effect to it, however this does not pay off on the nail.




It is quite a sheer polish, so two coats are required for an opaque colour. I'm loving the pastel colours that are out at the moment, they remind me of sweets and hot summer days.



Let's hope my nails encourage the sun to come out tomorrow! What do you think about yellow polish?




No comments:

Post a Comment