Wednesday 9 May 2012

Lumi Magique Primer







What they say: A light replenishing base which illuminates the skin. It may be used as a base or alone. A fresh, light and silky soft formula that provides 8 hours of hydration.


When I first saw this, I didn't really think much of it. That is, until I saw it on Anna's blog, and she likened it to the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector, something that I have had my eye on after seeing it feature heavily in the Pixiwoo and Lisa Eldridge makeup videos.

At first glance, the product appears very shimmery. But when applied to my face, it is not the case, and I think I prefer this. I think it may be because of my darker skin tone. I wear it underneath my foundation as a base, and it makes my skin look more illuminating and healthier. It feels silky smooth when applied, and gives a dewy finish, which I definitely enjoy.

It isn't at all drying to my skin, and it works very well as a primer. I don't use a primer on a day-to-day basis, only if I'm going out and thus wearing more make-up than normal, but I have been using this, and I found that my make-up lasted much better, and by the evening it was still in excellent condition.

In the summer months, when I don't like wearing foundation, I look forward to using this on top of my moisturiser. It retails at £9.99 for 20ml, which I think is pretty reasonable.

Do you use any illuminating products?


P.S To my 4 followers, thank you! Woohoo!




No comments:

Post a Comment