Tuesday 15 January 2013

Valentina By Valentino

 







Valentina is the epitome of a sweet and feminine perfume, without being too heady; just the way I like my fragrances. I won't kid you by acting like I know about fragrance notes (because I don't), but for those of you who do, this wonderful scent is a symphony of Calabrian Bergamot and Alba Truffle (top notes), Amalfi orange blossom, jasmine and wild strawberry (heart notes), and cedar wood and amber (base notes).

When it comes to perfumes, we (I) definitely judge a book by its cover, or in this case, the bottle. This flower-adorned bottle sits very pretty on my shelf and features a simple lidless pump for easy application. Those clever parfumiers at Valentina thought of everything though, as it also comes with a little lid for travelling purposes. Not only does it smell rather delicious, Valentina by Valentino looks the part too.

Depending on the bottle size, the price ranges from £40 - £71. I have the biggest size, which is the 80ml, and it came in as a gift set in a lovely box with a 200ml bottle of Satin body lotion. I can't say I'm a big fan of accompanying scented body lotions. The Valentina lotion comes in a plastic bottle, with the flowers cut incorporated into the container itself. It's lightly scented, and has a shimmer running all the way through it, which is all over my hands as I type! I don't think I will be using this one on a regular basis, although the shimmer particles are very small and subtle, so would look quite nice on a night out or on tanned skin.




No comments:

Post a Comment