Wednesday 23 January 2013

Read my Lips


L'Occitane Shea Butter Lip Balm - £8.50, Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub - £5.25



When the cold kicks in, the first thing to succumb to it is your lips. No hats, gloves or scarves are going to keep them safe, unless you plan on walking around in a balaclava, so it's all up to what lipcare products you apply. 

I've been slathering on L'occitane's Shea Butter Moisturizing Lip Balm at every opportunity I can get. When I'm out and about I don't particularly fancy sticking my fingers into a little pot of something, so I always tend to go for a stick or tube. 

It's colour-free and has a delicious light scent to it, and it's 100% natural and certified organic. There's nothing worse than a lip product that smells or tastes gross. It's similar to a gloss, without being sticky. If I pop this on before I sleep, I wake up with well moisturised lips in the morning.

Nobody wants crusty lips, so on the odd occasion when my lips are extremely malnourished I use Lush's lip scrub in Sweet Lips. It's great to use before wearing lipstick, as this always emphasises any dryness you may have, especially when wearing matte colours.

I work the sugar-like exfoliator into my lips for about a minute to release the dry skin, and then rinse my lips. It does say to lick the excess off, but that's all seems a bit gross to me. No harm in having a little taste before you start exfoliating though, as the chocolatey flavour is pretty good! Unfortunately this particular flavour has been discontinued (boo!) which is a shame because it was the only one I really liked, but it's also available in mint and bubblegum flavours.

All that's left to do now is pucker up!




No comments:

Post a Comment