Tuesday 8 January 2013

Drink Up!





Ahh, those dry skin winter woes. Thankfully, that's a thing of the past for me, and it's all down to this baby. After hearing rave reviews about it all over the blogosphere, I decided to try out the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask for myself, what with winter on the very near horizon. That was a couple of months ago, and I can't say it's a decision I regret.

Around this time of year, the skin on my cheeks and around my mouth tends to suffer the most, leaving me with dry patches which aren't too pleasant. No matter how much I exfoliate or moisturise, the flakiness just doesn't want to shift, much to my annoyance. And that's where the mask comes in.

Once a week, I layer up my skin with this delight, and leave it do its magic overnight. It has a creamy texture to it, and you apply it all over as you would a moisturiser. Be warned, a little goes a long way. It does say on the tube to wipe away any excess, but I like to let it all sink in to my skin, which it does within minutes, literally. So much so, that apart from looking a little bit shinier than usual, there's no way to tell you even have it on. It feels incredibly light, and not at all greasy. The mask has a deliciously fruity scent to it, somewhere between an orange and a peach. Shall we say oranch? Geddit... Come morning time, my face is as soft as a baby's bottom, and any dryness is banished.

How, I hear you ask? Well, Drink Up Intensive is packed full of all the goodness dry or dehydrated skin needs. Apricot Kernel Oil, Hyaluronic Acid and Mango Butters help top up skin's moisture, protecting your skin the following day, as well as preventing future moisture loss.

The recommended usage is "twice a week or as desired", so depending on how dry your skin is you could even use this every night. What I especially like about Origins products is that the ingredients are natural and organic, without any nasty parabens etc.

Definitely a winner in my eyes! Available at Boots, John Lewis and Selfridges, £20 for a 100ml tube.



No comments:

Post a Comment