Sunday 14 April 2013

Scrub A Dub Dub






REN Jojoba Microbead Purifying Facial Scrub - £18

Although what has seemed like the longest winter ever may finally be drawing to a close, it's left behind some serious damage to my skin. Normal in the summer, dry in the winter, the areas around my mouth and nose especially, fall victim to the extremes, with the outdoor weather and the indoor heating taking its toll on my face. 

To take control of this situation, I like to exfoliate more regularly than I would when my skin is settled in it's usual state. My weapon of choice is the REN Jojoba Microbead Purifying Facial Polish. Personally, I don't enjoy rubbing anything that resembles sand paper onto my face, so the delicate beads in this face scrub get a thumbs up from me. One pump from the handy dispenser is enough for a single use.

Jojoba oil is similar to the natural oils our bodies produce, so is great for providing extra moisture to the skin. It's easily absorbed, without leaving behind an oily residue. The peppermint oil lends a light and fresh fragrance, and is a scent I always associate with cleanliness. Peppermint oil is soothing on skin, and gives you a healthier complexion. As with all REN skincare, it's free from parabens and synthetic ingredients which may be harmful to your skin.

I apply this scrub to a dry face, and rub all over, excluding the eye area, but including my lips. I rinse it off using a muslin cloth, and my skin feels refreshed and soft to the touch straight away. While it doesn't banish dry patches for good, it does a great job at getting rid of them when they appear, leaving my face feeling soft and fresh, rather than scaly and dry. 




No comments:

Post a Comment