Monday 8 April 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine: Prickly Pear





I don't know about you but I find it really difficult to get the right colour of lilac when it comes to nail polish. I have quite a few contenders, but they're either to blue, too grey or too pink. Nothing seems to be quite the colour I'm after. That is, until I saw this.

Gelly Hi-Shine by Barry M is the brand's latest collection, and I think it's meant to mimic the new fad that is gel manicures. It's supposedly chip-resistant and super glossy after one coat, which I can't really agree with. It is quite shiny, but I don't think it's as glossy as they claim. I also suffered chips after two days, which is rare for me. I did forego a topcoat so that may have had something to do with it. As with other Barry M polishes, the consistency wasn't a problem.

I am, however, willing to put the chips aside, because how pretty is this colour?! Prickly Pear is the only colour that stood out for me, and it's the perfect lavender shade; the pastel tone makes it a clear winner for spring. Unfortunately the nasty tip wear meant I had to remove it sooner than preferred (also a rarity for me) but I'm pretty sure this will be gracing my nails again sometime soon. My new number one lilac!

Have you tried any of the Gelly Shine polishes? What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment