Monday 29 April 2013

Art Attack #12: Marble



I don't know how many times I've tried it, but every time I try to water marble my nails, it ends badly. I've watched countless YouTube videos, and as easy as they make it look, I always end up with more polish on my fingers and the cup than on my actual nail.

I saw this picture on the WAH nails instagram page and I just had to have it for myself. I'm like a nail art magpie; I see it, and I want it. I was 99% certain that this was a marble job sans water, and I made it my mission to find out how to achieve the same look myself. I loved the colour combo they used so much that I did it exactly the same. I prefer the randomness to this marbling as opposed to the finish of the water marbling technique. I was really surprised at how easy and mess-free it was, so I have put together a short pictorial if you also want to achieve this look.  The key to this look is speed. I completed a nail at a time.


1. Gather your tools. This includes all the colours you need, and a thin nail art brush.
2. Paint the first nail in your chosen base colour, slightly thicker than a normal coat. I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Pink Slip.
3. While the base is still wet, apply a few blobs of the colours you wish to marble. This can be as little as two or as many as you can fit on. i used Bourjois So Laque! in Bleu Violet and Rimmel Lycra Pro in Aqua Cool.
4. Using the thin nail art brush, draw swirly lines quickly through the blobs of colour, until you are happy with the effect. Don't go back and forth too many times as this will ruin the marble finish.
5. Repeat for each of your nails. I then used the thin brush to apply a holographic silver glitter to some parts of the nail.
6. Finish with a quick dry topcoat! Easy peasy.



Can't wait to try this look in other colours!



No comments:

Post a Comment