Wednesday 3 April 2013

No Shrinking Violet




I was born in the late 80's, so I had no clue what Archie's Girls was when the MAC collaboration came out earlier this year. I didn't think much of the white packaging, and from what I'd seen of it online, nothing caught my eye, and it didn't really appeal to me. So when I was at the airport last month, I wasn't expecting to fall for this lipstick.

Daddy's Little Girl is a blue-toned bright violet colour, in a satin finish, and is extremely pigmented. Not one for the faint-hearted, but I personally love it. As with other satin finishes, it's creamy on the lips, and has a slightly glossy finish to it. I don't wear it with any liner, and it stays put for several hours without bleeding, which is great, as that's the last thing you want when you're wearing such a bold lip.

This bright bullet is a lovely colour for spring and summer, and although the comical outer casing is a bit tacky in my opinion, it's the shocking hue inside that won my heart!

Have you tried anything from the Archie's Girls collection?


No comments:

Post a Comment