Sunday 22 July 2012

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser





Not being one to use foundation every day, the tinted moisturiser is the perfect alternative for me. Having been blessed with good genes, my skin doesn't require much coverage as it is. I first saw the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in action when I witnessed my cousin slathering it all over her face, and ever since then I wanted to try it for myself. I've now been using it for almost a year, and I can honestly say that it is one of the best beauty buys I have made to date.

I purchased the 40ml tube from Selfridges for £33, and I am still using this same tube almost a year on. Although I don't use it every day during winter months when I am prone to dry patches, I do find myself reaching for it more and more during the summer. We haven't had much of a summer here in the UK, but the weather has been pretty humid, and I prefer to let my skin breathe a little. It's also perfect to wear when you are on holiday in warmer climes, when the last thing you want to do is cake your face in make up.

I use the full fat version as opposed to the oil-free, and I like this one as it gives my skin a dewy sheen, something that I enjoy this time of the year. I love a face cream that has an SPF, and this one doesn't disappoint with an SPF of 20. I wear the colour Almond, which is a pretty good match to my natural skin tone, and I vary between applying it with my Real Techniques Buffing brush and my bare fingers, both of which work just as well as the other. The texture is very similar to a foundation; thick and creamy, unlike some other tinted moisturisers which are on the market.

I will definitely be repurchasing when my tube runs out, and although £33 may seem expensive initially, the longevity and overall finish of this product makes it worth the while!

Have you tried the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser? What do you think of it?










No comments:

Post a Comment