Tuesday 28 May 2013

Shine Bright


MAC Mineralize Skin Finish, Soft and Gentle - £21.50

There's nothing I love more than watching make-up tutorials on You Tube, when I have nothing better to do with myself (and let's face it, even when I do.) One of my favourites has to be Camila Coelho, a Portuguese make up artist who makes a smoky eye look easy as pie. After watching several all of her videos, I decided I needed the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle in my life.

A highlighter virgin, I picked up this beauty at MAC duty free counter, and boldly paid for my purchase without a single swatch beforehand. Luckily for me, this baby was a winner. My initial thoughts were that it would be a nice addition to my evening makeup, but the eager beaver inside me was anxious to try it out. I was so pleased with the results, I found myself reaching for the powder brush during the day too.

Soft and Gentle is a "luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish". It's a peachy bronze, with tiny particles of shimmer, that suit my skin tone well. Once applied, it leaves a subtle glow, and illuminates the face. Not one for shimmer during the day, Soft and Gentle leaves me feeling like Edward Cullen, and I think I like it. It's not at all chunky, and is blends like a dream. My favourite look is paired with a rosy pink blusher, such as MAC Pink Swoon.

One light sweep along my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose is usually enough for me, and during the evenings I'll add some under the arch of my brows, to the top of my lips and in the inner corners of my eyes. One of the great things about this product is the multi-usage. I'm pretty sure it can be used as an eyeshadow too, which leaves you feeling less guilty about the price tag.

This product is a must have in my daily make up routine, and I don't know how I was without it for this long!




No comments:

Post a Comment