Thursday 30 May 2013

Essie Neon 2013 Collection







I'm a sucker for a nail polish, if you hadn't noticed already. After seeing swatches of this collection online, I came to the swift conclusion that I needed these two colours in my collection. I'm not sure if neon is the right term for these bright hues; they aren't the usual highlighter shade, although they are pretty vibrant, which makes them more appropriate for every day wear.

Bouncer It's Me is a bright cobalt blue. I was expecting it to be a dupe for Nails Inc's Baker Street, so I was a little bit disappointed when I realised it wasn't. Although it's still a lovely shade of blue, it's not as opaque as Baker Street, nor is it as bright. Essie recommend you use a white base under all the colours in the neon collection to really make the colours pop, so I might try this for next time. Application was relatively easy - I used 2 layers, followed by a coat of Seche Vite. 

Boom Boom Room is your typical bubblegum pink. Surprisingly I own every shade of pink but this one, so I'm glad I got it. The only downside was the awful application, as expected with a creamy shade such as this one. The formula was really thick and it was a pain to apply, but after a coat of Seche Vite you couldn't really tell.

I don't think these are available in the shops just yet, but I picked mine up from ebay for around £6 each.

What do you think of the Essie Neon 2013 Collection? See the whole range here. (I've suddenly decided that I might also need Saturday Disco Fever too...)




No comments:

Post a Comment