Monochrome is a big trend this spring/summer, and was all over the catwalks. Black and white checks were seen gracing the walkways at Marni, Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton, and that is the inspiration behind this nail art. All you need to achieve this look is a steady hand and a striper brush.
1. Start by painting your nails white. I used Barry M Matt White.
2. Once dry, use a striper polish to draw horizontal lines on each nail. I used LA Colours Art Deco in black.
3. Using the same brush, draw vertical stripes over these to create the outline.
4. Put some black paint onto a palette and then use a small sized dotting tool to fill in the squares to create a checkerboard pattern.
5. Go over with a top coat for a glossy finish.
What do you think? Will you be trying this look out for yourself?