Wednesday 7 November 2012

Art Attack #5: Metallic Leopard





Leopard print has got to be one of the easiest nail arts to do. You can switch up the colour combinations and vary the pattern, and it only takes a few minutes. Personally, I prefer to use a dotting tool, but you can use whatever floats your boat (or whatever is lying around the house), like a cocktail stick or a hair grip, or even a nail art pen.

This is the first time I've used Chanel Peridot, and although I wasn't too keen on it in the bottle, I do really like the way it comes out on the nail. It's from Chanel's 2011 fall collection, and is a duochrome polish, and in the bottle it is reminiscent of the hues in a peacock's feather. It's a greenish gold, with shots of teal running through it in certain angles and light.

On the nail however, it's more like an antique gold with a hint of grungy green. Like metallic pond water, but nicer. I'm not really selling it well, am I?

I like the contrast of the black leopard, and my nails have even been mistaken for foils. Who doesn't love a bit of leopard anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment